Date: 20.6.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 550
Mdd.resourcesed.info #What causes winds and ocean currents

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> What causes winds and ocean currents

What causes winds and ocean currents

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Global Winds

This episode of Mr. Musselman s online classroom focuses on how convection and the unequal heating of the earth leads to the ...

What causes ocean currents?

What causes winds and ocean currents

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
What causes wind and ocean currents - Answers com

Nov 23, 2017 What causes winds and ocean currents, write my essay -
Wind and Ocean Currents | Sutori

C.S. Lewis#8217; #8220;On Other Worlds: Essays and what causes winds Stories#8221;: A Review. My own journey in studying C.S. Lewis has led me to the consideration of the fictional universes he created—these are the “real worlds” that sit behind his stories, like the worlds of miss analysis Narnia in his fantasy novels or the causes winds Field of Arbol in of obesity, his science fiction. Unfortunately, what is true in what causes, Narnia isn’t always true in the world that most of us reading this live: the growl of the lion in a Narnian forest is a moment of great hope; in an American forest, it is a reason to rapidly evolve the Goodbye See You Later necessary appendages for flight. Causes Currents. Fantasy writers carefully construct these fictional universes, and a sophisticated world like Middle Earth or Discworld or Arbol or Cthulhu, with its own maps and languages and essay sentient races and tax offices, is worth studying. Winds. Because C.S. Lewis was a literary critic as well as a fantasy writer, he thought critically and academically about writing, so it is The Importance of Friendship only natural to turn to what his own thoughts about creating these fictive worlds. Miss Havisham Analysis. On Other Worlds: Essays and and ocean currents Stories contains Lewis’ short fantasy stories and essay a number of essays that reflect upon the task of writing in general and fantasy-writing in particular. The result is a highly readable and remarkably early primer on developing and enjoying fictional universes. On Other Worlds is the earliest collection of Lewis’ literary criticism outside of his full-length books.

One of and ocean currents my absolute favourites is his “On Three Ways of Writing for miss havisham, Children”—many children’s authors have gone back to this essay again and again to remind us of our essential tasks. Another piece, “On Stories,” describes the causes winds and ocean process of creating an “atmosphere” in a book, a literary environment that creates a mood or feeling—what he calls Story. Besides being the theoretical roadmap for constructing speculative worlds, it is a defense of reading for Pleasure (and thus writing in order to give Pleasure), and The Importance of Friendship the beginning of an apology for the value of what causes winds and ocean fantasy (what he calls Fairy-tales or Scientification). Lewis carries on this defense in “Sometimes Fairy Stories May Say Best What’s to be Said.” He argues that there are two roles of the author in writing: the author as Author or Storyteller, and the author as Man, i.e. the experience of the author in his or her own world. In Lewis’ view, an author will have the idea of a story to tell—for Lewis it was a mental image, as he describes in “It All Began With a Picture”—but this story will be in conversation with some purpose to rip rap geography tell it, some reason for telling the story, and some way to tell it. In Lewis’ own process for Narnia he dreamed the picture of a Faun with an umbrella in a snowy wood carrying some packages. Then the pictures begin to form the story, and then the story needs a genre, a Form. Lewis was never married to one genre, but tried science fiction, epistolary fiction, romance, time-travel narratives, short stories, epic and what causes and ocean currents short-form poetry, dream sequences, allegorical travelogues, and miss classic novels. Ultimately he chose fairy stories for children (what we might call children’s fantasy) and his alternative universe was born. Pieces like these give us the rare and pleasurable peak into C.S.

Lewis’ writing processes, which are augmented by his essays ‘On Science Fiction” and “On Juvenile Tastes.” These are not universally easy essays, however. “On Criticism” is both a weighty piece and causes winds currents a strong challenge to miss havisham reviewers and literary critics, challenging them to rethink the way they conceptualize the process of writing when all they have is the finished text. His unpublished and unfinished “Reply to Professor Haldane” is causes currents a layered critical response to an author who influenced Lewis’ own work, but who had completely misunderstood what he was doing in the Space Trilogy. Differences Between And Civil Law. Finally, because some of the fantasy and science fiction reflection occurs before the establishment of the genre, Lewis’ nomenclature is tentative and transitional, and causes winds some of his ideas. None of the pieces require a high technical level, but the best of them require concentrated thought. The persistent reader is rewarded in a number of ways.

Besides early reflections on fantasy and the slices of Lewis’ writing life, we get some of his classical didactic humour, such as his response to those who thought that Narnia was written with the primary purpose of theology or evangelism and expertly marketed to children (the weaker minds, the reviewer might think). Lewis’ response is unmistakable: “This is all pure moonshine. I couldn’t write in that way at all” (36). We also get, in the transcribed audiotape conversation called “Unreal Estates”—in contrast to real estate, the “world” of earth in miss analysis, day to what causes currents day life—we have an engaging conversation about science fiction between Lewis and two other writers: Brian Aldiss, a leading 20 th century SciFi writer, and Sir Kingsley Amis, a celebrated author who dabbled in between criminal and civil, the genre. The result is a generous conversation between colleagues that demonstrates their concern for an evolving Form and shows us how very well read they really were—they mention dozens of authors in as many pages, and each knew them all well. Their off-the-cuff reading list is what and ocean currents a challenge to essay us slower readers, and some of their expectations were quite.

Of Walter Miller’s Canticle for Leibowitz , however, Lewis said, “I thought it was pretty good. I only read it once; mind you, a book’s no good to me until I’ve read it two or three times#8230;” Laced with Lewis’ Screwtapian humour, this interview and the accompanying essays betray key moments of what winds and ocean his literary theories. While I had gone to On Other Worlds to rip rap look at Lewis’ literary criticism, the what causes winds short stories were a treat. “Ministering Angels” is a coy story about a number of power (novel) astronauts on a three year period of exclusion in what causes winds and ocean, a space station. The government’s social policy was that these men should be provided sexual partners to reduce stress on the ship and increase productivity. Rip Rap Geography. While one might expect a line up of beautiful women who would like to be whored out to space engineers for the sake of the common good and a free trip to outer space, only two women step forward: an androgynous bureaucrat for whom sex is another organizational process, and a retired bulgy Cockney prostitute with bad teeth. The result is a brilliantly cutting satire of what causes and ocean currents a particular idea that was actually current in his day.

In the same science fiction genre there is cause essay a thrilling moon-landing suspense (“Forms of Things Unknown”) and a stream of consciousness piece (“The Shoddy Lands”) that, while not a terribly good piece, does illuminate some of Lewis’ own ideas. What Causes Currents. The book concludes with the unfinished manuscript of “After Ten Years,” a retelling of the absolute power Helen of what causes Troy legend that is suggestive of an important myth retelling like Till We Have Faces , but is sadly incomplete. Though the typeset is archaic, I love the soft cover Harvest Book series of which this book is a part. Originally edited and published in 1966 by Walter Hooper, just three years after Lewis’ death, this important volume has been eclipsed by two others: all of the essays are reprinted (with others) in On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature , and all of the stories are reprinted in The Dark Tower and Other Stories . For the aficionado of fantasy, science fiction, and faerie writing, however, Of Other Worlds is a great bookshelf addition. Of Obesity. My only winds complaint is that J.R.R. Tolkien’s essay “On Fairy Stories” is not included. It is possible that the rights to this classic Tolkien lecture were unavailable or too costly, but it is “On Fairy Stories” that forms the theoretical foundation of all of Not a See You Later Lewis’ thoughts about speculative fiction. Indeed, he references Tolkien at least six times. Overall, my goal of causes winds and ocean currents reading Of Other Worlds was met in that I observed some ways that Lewis thought about constructing fictional universes.

As a whole, though, the book exceeded my expectations, and gave me a unique peek into C.S. Lewis’ writings. Reblogged this on Mysteries and Manners and commented: While searching for an online version of C. S Lewis#8217; unfinished story about the Trojan War, #8220;After Ten Years,#8221; I stumbled upon this great blog and wonderful post on one of my favorite Lewis books. I#8217;m going to mull this over and try to figure out miss havisham, how to include some of Lewis#8217; ideas as I wrap up my unit on what winds and ocean, mythology. Maura, you are right that Lewis attempted a Trojan War story. It starts with the stench of men hiddenand dying of thirstin the Trojan horse itself.

His biggest myth re-telling was Till We Have Faces, a close and imaginative retelling of the Cupid Psyche story. It is also his most sophisticated novelhis only #8220;novel#8221; proper, I guess. #8220;Perelandra#8221; is a re-imagining of differences law Milton#8217;s Paradise Lost, #8220;That Hideous Strength#8221; has Merlin show up. Narnia is a grabbing together of what winds and ocean currents all kinds of law legends and myths: Father Christmas in #8220;Lion, Witch Wardrobe,#8221; Bacchus shows up in #8230; #8220;Prince Caspian#8221; I think, Father Time is in #8220;The Silver Chair.#8221; Michael Ward#8217;s #8220;The Narnia Code#8221; (academic version is #8220;Planet Narnia#8221;) covers a lot of the what causes winds and ocean currents mythic elements of Narnia. Til We Have Faces is one of my favorite works by Lewis, and also one of my favorite novels of all time. I find it very interesting that he first wanted to publish it anonymously. Geography. Also, that he was able to inhabit the heart and mind of a woman as his 1st Person narrator and protagonist. I can#8217;t imagine this was easy for him! I know Norse Mythology in particular was very dear to him especially the story of Balder#8217;s death. In Suprised By Joy, he explains how reading these old myths helped awaken in causes winds and ocean currents, him this experience of longing, sadness, and strange #8220;joy#8221; that eventually lead him out of atheism to analysis God. Thanks for your comment and for following my blog!

I look forward to learning from you! Just stumbled upon your blog and winds and ocean this marvelous review. Thanks for writing, and I look forward to reading more!

Buy Essays Cheap -
Global Winds and Ocean Currents - Alvinisd net

Nov 23, 2017 What causes winds and ocean currents, online cheap custom essay -
Ocean Circulations | Climate Education Modules for K-12

mrs glass homework LA - 1st Hour: locker cleanout SS - finish Nemo 1st/6th - watch Titanic LA - 1st Hour: watch Titanic SS - 4th Hour: watch Nemo 6th Hour: band concert 5th Hour: band concert. THURSDAY, JUNE 6. LA - watch Titanic SS - Great Barrier Reef Conservation Debate.

catch up on causes currents, missing work. WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5. LA - argument essay final copy SS - Great Barrier Reef Propaganda Posters. HW: argument essay due tomorrow HW: posters due tomorrow. LA - argument essay rough draft SS - Great Barrier Reef Discussion. revise essay/begin final copy Begin Propaganda Posters. HW: Argument essay due Thursday HW: Posters due Thursday. LA - argument essay rough draft SS - finish Africa In-Class Common Assessment. Australia Maps Regional Atlas Activity.

HW: Africa Assessment Australia Stuff due tomorrow. LA - 1st Hour Choir Concert SS - Africa In-Class Common Assessment (due Tuesday if not. 6th Hour Four Square Activity/ finished in class) Narrative Writing Australia Maps Regional Atlas Activity. HW: Four Square/Narrative HW: Africa Common Assessment Australia Maps/Atlas Activity. Argument Graphic Organizer due Monday due Tuesday. THURSDAY, MAY 30. LA - Women Children First SS - finish turn in cause of obesity essay Post Apartheid Packet. Argument Graphic Organizer Australia Maps Regional Atlas Activity. HW: Graphic Organizer due Monday HW: Australia Maps Atlas Activity due Tuesday.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29. LA - Modern shipwrecks discussion: SS - Post Apartheid Processing Section. Costa Concordia Oobleck! Argument Graphic Organizer Practice. HW: Vale Article due tomorrow. LA - Titanic Fact vs. Opinion discussion SS - Post Apartheid Section 6 Education Vale Article - What Really Happened Section 7 Living Conditions HW: Vale Article due Thursday. MONDAY, MAY 27 - Memorial Day. No school, enjoy your day off!

No school, enjoy your day off! THURSDAY, MAY 23. LA - 1st hour Awards SS - Post-Apartheid Section 4 Political Change 6th Hour Titanic questions Section 5 Job Opportunities HW: Titanic questions due.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22. LA - Read Exploring the what causes and ocean Titanic SS - Post-Apartheid Geoterms. HW: Final Copy of power, essay due tomorrow. (including rough copy planning map) Titanic Questions due Tuesday, 5/28.

LA - Zoo Fieldtrip SS - Zoo Fieldtrip. Final Copy due Thursday, 5/23. I'm collecting rough drafts essay planning maps too! LA - type final copy of essay SS - Finish Micro-Entrepreneurs discussion collect. in Media Center pamphlets packets. Final Copy due Thursday, 5/23 TCI Ch. 23 Post-Apartheid South Africa Preview. Zoo Fieldtrip tomorrow - dress for and ocean currents, the weather! (We go rain or shine.) LA - type final copy of rip rap geography, essay SS - Micro-Entrepreneurs Micro-Loan Discussion. in Lab 321 Micro-Entrepreneurs Pamphlet Project.

Final Copy due Thursday, 5/23 Pamphlet Project due Monday. LA - essay revising editing SS - Micro-Entrepreneurs Pamphlet Project. We begin typing tomorrow! HW: Pamphlet Project due Monday, 5/20. Final Copy due Thursday, 5/23. 1st hour: Dave Busters info due tomorrow! WEDNESDAY, MAY 15.

LA - essay rough draft SS - Micro-Entrepreneurs Sections 3-5. (we are revising editing tomorrow!) Begin Pamphlet Project. HW: rough draft due tomorrow HW: Pamphlet Project due Monday, 5/20. Final Copy due Thursday, 5/23. LA - Essay Planning Map SS - Micro-Entrepreneurs Geoterms Begin writing rough draft Section 2 - Geographic Setting.

HW: rough draft due Thursday. You will have the what currents whole hour tomorrow to of Friendship Essay, work. LA - research in winds and ocean Media Center SS - TCI Ch. Not A See You Later. 21 Micro- Entrepreneurs in and ocean Africa last day for absolute, research notecards Preview Geoterms. We begin drafting tomorrow! LA - research in what winds currents Media Center SS - China Japan Quiz. MLA citation notecards Africa Maps (Physical Political) Regional Atlas Activity.

You should be doing research at rip rap home on your own! HW: Africa Maps/Regional Atlas Activity due Monday. LA - research in Media Center SS - Africa Maps - Physical Political. MLA citation notecards Africa Regional Atlas Activity. You should be doing research at home on your own! HW: Africa Maps/Regional Atlas Activity due Monday. China/Japan Quiz tomorrow. WEDNESDAY, MAY 8.

LA - AIMSweb test SS - Schools in and ocean currents Japan PowerPoint Double Bubble. What is plagiarism? HW: Double Bubble due tomorrow. MLA citation guide note taking China/Japan Quiz Friday (open note) You should be doing research at home on cause, your own! LA - begin Internet research SS - Schools in what Japan Guided Reading. China/Japan Quiz Friday, 5/10. LA - reserch topic brainstorming SS - Life in Not a See You Later a Crowded Land Section 5 - Land Use question development Section 6 - Health. HW: brainstorming questions China/Japan Quiz Friday, 5/10.

LA - book browsing SS - Life in what winds currents a Crowded Land Section 3 - Transportation research topic brainstorming Section 4 - Housing. China/Japan Quiz Friday, 5/10. LA - Reading nonfiction: If the miss havisham analysis SS - Fracking Fight - the what causes winds and ocean currents Pros Cons of the miss havisham analysis drilling method. World Were a Village Amazing. HW: Entire DBQ Packet due Friday. WEDNESDAY, MAY 1. LA - Writing Tracker #5 SS - Crowded Land Population Density Simulation. Reading nonfiction: Bugs Up Close HW: Entire DBQ Packet due Friday. TUESDAY, APRIL 30.

LA - Writing Tracker #4 SS - Crowded Land Essential Question. DBQ: Thesis Outline Discussion Geoterms. HW: Entire DBQ Packet due Friday. MONDAY, APRIL 29. LA - Document Analysis Discussion SS - Finish China's Population Processing. TCI Ch. 31 Life in what causes currents a Crowded Country intro. HW: China's Population packet due tomorrow. FRIDAY, APRIL 26. LA - Document Analysis A-E SS - China's Population Section 5 and but a Later, Processing. HW: Doc Analysis A-E due Monday.

THURSDAY, APRIL 25. LA - Writing Tracker #3 SS - China's Population Sections 4-5 Plans Two Three. DBQ: Pre-Bucketing Questions. WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24. LA - Writing Tracker #2 SS - TCI China's Population Sections 2-3 Geoterms Plan One.

DBQ: Read background essay HW: Essay questions due tomorrow. TUESDAY, APRIL 23. LA - Intro to causes, the DBQ (Document Based SS - TCI Ch. 30 China's Population Section 1 discussion. What Caused the absolute (novel) Dust Bowl? brainstorm. MONDAY, APRIL 22 - Earth Day. LA - collect Westing Game books SS - China's Culture Economy Notes. Writing Tracker #1. Paired Passages: What Stopped Columbus HW: Paired Passages due tomorrow.

FRIDAY, APRIL 19. LA - type final copy of essay SS - Tsunamis of SE Asia discussion videos. HW: Typed final copy due Monday Read Preparing for a Tsunami article responses. along with both the 2nd draft and HW: Article responses due Monday. You must follow the what winds currents correct typing format to receive full points on Not a Goodbye See You, the final copy: 3. NO word art, bolding, italics, underline, etc. for causes winds and ocean currents, the title. 4. Center the title. 5. Differences. Indent the causes winds and ocean start of new paragraphs. 6. Analysis. Do not hit the what causes enter key more than once between paragraphs. LA - individual essay conference SS - Southeast Asia Natural Resources Notes. write 2nd draft.

HW: 2nd draft due tomorrow. We are going to the lab tomorrow to of Friendship, type! It would be a good idea to bring a flash drive tomorrow. LA - revise/edit West Game SS - South Asia Quiz. TUESDAY, APRIL 16. LA - The Westing Game Comparative SS - Political Cartoon Analysis.

Essay rough draft The Bhangra - Traditional Indian Folk Dance. HW: rough draft due tomorrow South Asia Quiz tomorrow. MONDAY, APRIL 15. LA - finish watching The Westing SS - Political Cartoon Analysis. Game movie Technology in South Asia discussion. Asia Map Quiz re-take tomorrow. South Asia Quiz Wednesday. FRIDAY, APRIL 12. LA - watch The Westing Game SS - Watch/discuss Hinduism Buddhism videos.

movie South Asia Quiz Wednesday, 4/17. Asia Map Quiz Re-take Tuesday, 4/16. LA - Westing Game Test SS - What is what Hinduism Buddhism Articles. Article Questions Responses. HW: Article Questions/Responses due tomorrow. South Asia Quiz Wednesday, 4/17. WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10.

LA - discuss Language! Test results SS - People of cause of obesity essay, Modern Asia Notes. Character Notebook Study Guide South Asia Quiz Wed, 4/17. HW: Notebook Study Guide. WG Test tomorrow. TUESDAY, APRIL 9. LA - complete Character Notebook SS - Finish Modern South Asia Notes. Westing Game Study Guide Gandhi/MLK Article Response. HW: Character Notebook HW: Article Response due tomorrow.

Study Guide due Thursday South Asia Quiz We. Westing Game Test Thursday. LA - Discuss Paired Passage SS - Modern South Asia Notes. Work on Character Notebook. THURSDAY, MARCH 28. LA - AIMSweb Post Test SS - Locker Cleanout.

finish reading Ch. What Winds And Ocean. 26-28 Caste System Article Questions 1-11. Ch. The Importance Essay. Questions 26-28 Caste Pyramid Illustration. Ch. Questions due at winds and ocean currents the Caste System Questions Illustration due at Not a Goodbye Later the.

end of the what and ocean currents hour end of the hour. WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27. LA - assemble Goal Balloons SS - Asia Map Quiz. read Ch. 26-28 Finish Caste System Discussion. Caste System Illustration.

HW: Caste System Illustration due tomorrow. TUESDAY, MARCH 26. LA - Westing Game Post Test SS - Slums of The Importance of Friendship Essay, Mumbai video. Goal Setting balloons Caste System Article Discussion. Asia Map Quiz tomorrow. MONDAY, MARCH 25. LA - Dr. Causes Winds And Ocean. Seuss analysis SS - Discuss Mt.

Everest Article. Discuss/Revise Goals Mt. Absolute Power (novel). Everest videos. Asia Map Quiz Wednesday. FRIDAY, MARCH 22. LA - Vale Article - Dr. Seuss SS - Beyond Our Borders: India documentary Notes. Biography Cleaning Up Mt. Everest Article. Goal Setting Worksheet HW: Notes Article due Monday. Ch.

Questions 23-25 Journal 5 Asia Map Quiz Wednesday. HW: Everything is due Monday! THURSDAY, MARCH 21. LA - finish reading Ch. What. 23-25 SS - TCI Ch. Goodbye See You Later. 27 Monsoons Wrap Up. Ch. Questions 23-25 Journal 5 Political Cartoon Analysis.

Dr. Seuss Oh, the what causes winds and ocean Places You'll Go! Asia Map Quiz Wednesday, March 27. and Goal Setting. TUESDAY, MARCH 19TH. LA - read Ch. Differences Between And Civil. 23-25 SS - TCI Ch. What Causes And Ocean. 27 Monsoons Section 3 Puzzle. Ch.

Questions 23-25 Asia Map Quiz WEdnesday, March 27. MONDAY, MARCH 18TH. LA - finish reading Ch. Not A But A See You. 21-22 SS - TCI Ch. Causes. 27 Monsoons Geoterms Sections 1-2. Ch. Of Friendship Essay. Questions 21-22 Suspect Chart Bring scissors and glue to glass tomorrow. HW: Ch Questions Chart due. LA - Finish prejudice discussion SS - TCI Ch. What Causes Winds. 27 The Effects of havisham analysis, Monsoons - Begin reading Ch.

21-22 Preview Discussion. THURSDAY, MARCH 14. LA - Discuss Ch. 18-20 SS - Finish/Discuss Climate Notes. What is causes currents prejudice? discussion HW: Asia Maps due tomorrow. WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13.

LA - read Ch. 19-20 SS - Political Cartoon Analysis. Ch. Questions 18-20 Journal #4 South Asia Climate Notes. HW: Ch. Questions Journal HW: Asia Maps due Friday. TUESDAY, MARCH 12. LA - WG Character Poster using SS - Russia Quiz. Figurative Language Asia Maps - Physical Political. Finish Ch.

18 HW: Asia Maps due Friday. HW: Poster due tomorrow. MONDAY, MARCH 11. LA - WG Character Poster using SS - discuss Chernobyl/Russia today video. Figurative Language HW: Russia Quiz tomorrow.

HW: Poster due Wednesday, 3/13. THURSDAY, MARCH 7 - Parent/Teacher Conferences tonight 6/8:30pm. LA - WG Character Poster using SS - Russian Climate Culture Article/Response. Figurative Language HW: Culture Response due Monday. HW: Poster due Wednesday, 3/13 Russia Quiz Tuesday, 3/12. WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6 - Parent/Teacher Conferences tonight 6-8:30 pm. LA - Figurative Language Review SS - Chechan Rebels Article. Read WG Ch. Differences Between Criminal. 18 Article Response. HW: Response due tomorrow.

Russia Quiz Tuesday, 3/12. Extra Credit project due tomorrow. TUESDAY, MARCH 5 - Parent/Teacher Conferences Wed/Thurs 6-8:30 pm. Ch. Questions 15-17 Article Response. HW: Ch. What Causes Winds And Ocean. Questions due tomorrow HW: Response due Thursday. Russia Quiz Tuesday, 3/12. Matryoshka Doll extra credit project due Thursday.

LA - read WG Ch. But A See You. 15-17 SS - finish Communism Notes. Ch. Questions 15-17 Organizing Data worksheet - Glasnost Perestroika HW: Ch. What Winds And Ocean Currents. Questions due Wednesday HW: Organizing Data due tomorrow. Russia Quiz Tuesday, 3/12.

Matryoshka Doll extra credit project due Thursday, 3/7. LA - Close Critical Reading - SS - continue Communism Notes. Monsters are due on criminal law, Maple Street discuss Key Terms Map. Matryoshka Doll extra credit project due Thursday, 3/7. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28. LA - Close Critical Reading - SS - begin Communism Notes. Monsters are due on winds and ocean currents, Maple Street HW: Key Terms Map due tomorrow. Matryoshka Doll extra credit project due Thursday, 3/7. WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27. LA - Close Critical Reading: SS - Matryoshka Doll Notes. Bugs on absolute (novel), the Beat (bring it back Matryoshka Doll extra credit project introduction.

tomorrow to finish the causes and ocean currents questions) HW: Key Terms Map due Friday. TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26. LA - Ch. Rip Rap Geography. Questions 12-14 SS - discuss Russian Climate Notes. Journal #3 work on Russia Key Terms Map.

catch up on and ocean, Character Notebook HW: Key Terms Map due Friday. HW: Ch. Geography. Questions and what winds currents, Journal. MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25. LA - read WG Ch. The Importance Of Friendship. 12-14 SS - Political Cartoon Analysis. Ch. Questions 12-14 Journal #3 Russian Climate Notes. HW: Ch. Questions and causes currents, Journal Russia Key Terms.

due Wednesday (you will have time in HW: Key Terms due Friday. class tomorrow to but a See You Later Essay, work) Russian Climate Notes due tomorrow. LA - Tween Tribune article SS - Turn in what causes and ocean currents European Virtual Fieldtrip Project. summary and rip rap, reaction 4th Hr - Cardiac Arrest basketball game. 5th Hr - Locker Cleanout. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14. LA - Ch. What Winds. Questions 9-11 SS - Last day to rip rap geography, work on European Virtual Fieldtrip. Journal #2 Fieldtrip due tomorrow!

HW: Ch. What Winds And Ocean Currents. Questions and (novel), Journal #2. Part 1: Select one character from the novel. Causes. Describe their positive and cause, negative attributes in what complete sentence form, recording the miss analysis page number where you found that information. Causes Winds. Please describe at miss havisham least two positive and two negative attributes. Part 2: How would you describe Grace Wexler’s relationship with her daughter Turtle? Pay attention to what and ocean, how the characters are treating each other.

Think about their attitudes towards each other. Rip Rap. Cite at causes winds and ocean currents least one piece of cause of obesity essay, evidence from the text to causes and ocean currents, support your position. Part 3: How would you describe the differences between and civil group of causes and ocean currents, heirs? Think about of Friendship their attitude, how they treat each other, how they talk to causes winds and ocean, each other. Analysis. Please describe at least two characteristics about the causes group. WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13.

LA - Read WG Ch. Differences Law. 9-11 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Ch. Causes And Ocean. Questions 9-11 due Friday Fieldtrip due Friday, February 15. You will have the whole hour tomorrow to. work on analysis, your 9-11 Questions and your. TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12. LA - finish reading WG Ch.

8 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Ch. Causes Winds And Ocean Currents. Questions 4-6, 7-8 Fieldtrip due Friday, February 15. Journal #1 (on back of 7-8 questions) Paired Passages A Social Mob ALL THREE THINGS DUE TOMORROW. You may answer in absolute power (novel) bullet-point style, but please include all necessary details/information.

Part 2: “What will the participants have to currents, do to be successful in the Westing Game?” Thoroughly describe the task given to miss analysis, the heirs by Sam Westing’s will. What Causes And Ocean Currents. This should be several sentences long. Name at least three strategies that the participants must use to be successful. Havisham. You must explain why these strategies are important. This should be several sentences long. Your complete answer should be between 7-15 sentences long. MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11. LA - Read WG Ch. What Causes And Ocean Currents. 7-8 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip.

You will have class time tomorrow to The Importance Essay, Fieldtrip due Friday, February 15. work on what causes and ocean currents, Ch. Goodbye But A. Questions 4-6, 7-8, and Paired Passages. FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7. LA - WG Ch.

6 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Paired Passages A Social Mob Fieldtrip Project due Friday, February 15. Babysitting Like a Meerkat HW: WG Chapter Questions due at. end of the what winds and ocean hour Friday. Paired Passages due Monday. Remember, you will have the whole hour. tomorrow to Goodbye but a, get caught up on work (including your Character Notebook). WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6.

LA - WG Ch. Winds Currents. 4-5 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Ch. Questions 4-5 Fieldtrip Project due Friday, February 15. TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5. LA - WG Ch. Differences Between Law. 2-3 SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Finish Ch. 1-3 questions Fieldtrip Project due Friday, February 15. HW: Ch.

1-3 questions. MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4. LA - pass out The Westing Game SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. books Fieldtrip Project due Friday, February 15. Read Ch. Causes Winds Currents. 1 in but a Later WG. LA - Grammar Quiz SS - European Virtual Fieldtrip. Mystery Genre Notes Fieldtrip Project due Friday, February 15. THURSDAY, JANUARY 31. LA - watch Get a Clue SS - 3 Religions Project Presentations. Grammar Quiz tomorrow.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30. LA - watch Get a Clue SS - Intro to what winds currents, Europe Virtual Fieldtrip Project. Grammar Quiz Friday 3 Religions Project due tomorrow. TUESDAY, JANUARY 29. LA - Intro to between law, The Westing Game SS - 3 Religions Project.

Grammar Quiz Friday 3 Religions Project due Thursday, 1/31. MONDAY, JANUARY 28. FRIDAY, JANUARY 25. LA - AIMS Web test SS - 3 Religions Project. Vale Article: MLK Biography 3 Religions Project due Wednesday, 1/30. HW: Vale Article questions. (if not finished in and ocean class) THURSDAY, JANUARY 24. LA - Punctuating Dialogue Notes SS - Mrs.

Focht Counselor Presentation. Punctuation and Capitalization Practice 3 Religions Project due Wednesday, 1/30. HW: Punctuation and Capitalization. Practice (if not finished in Not a Goodbye See You Later Essay class) WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23. LA - MLK's legacy of SS - 3 Religions Comparison Project. Nonviolence Project is what causes currents due Wednesday, January 30th. TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 - Geography Bee. LA - Music the Civil SS - Judaism Notes.

Rights Movement 3 Relgions Comparison Chart. MONDAY, JANUARY 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr Day. FRIDAY, JANUARY 18 - SPIRIT ASSEMBLY. Geography. Half Day. Spirit Assembly all day. THURSDAY, JANUARY 17 - Country Western Day. LA - Jabberwocky poem analysis SS - Christianity Video Notes. read My Brother Martin. LA - Word Choice Notes SS - Middle East Test. Word Choice Practice Chinese New Year $$ due Wed, 1/23. HW: Word Choice Practice.

(if not finished in what currents class) TUESDAY, JANUARY 15 - Disco Fever Day! LA - LIA practice SS - Intro to Not a See You Later, Islam video. LIA test Middle East test tomorrow. begin Word Choice notes Chinese New Year $$ due Wed, 1/23. MONDAY, JANUARY 14 - First day of Spirit Week! Hard Rock Hair Day! LA - LIA practice SS - LIA Post Test.

Finish There lesson Finish discussing Study Guide. Grammar Games Middle East test Monday. LIA Test tomorrow Chinese New Year $$ due Wed, 1/23. Tomorrow is winds currents Disco Fever Day! Dress up like you're from the 70s! FRIDAY, JANUARY 11. LA - LIA practice SS - LIA Practice. There vs Their vs They're Discuss Review Study Guide. LIA Post Test Tuesday LIA Post Test Monday. Middle East test Wednesday. THURSDAY, JANUARY 10.

LA - Grammar Games SS - Finish Middle East Review. LIA Post Test Tuesday LIA Practice. Study Guide due tomorrow. LIA Post test moved to Monday. Middle East test Wednesday. WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9. LA - Finish Parts of The Importance, Speech Notes SS - Middle East Review. Grammar Games Study Guide due Friday.

LIA Post Test Tuesday LIA Post test moved to what currents, Monday. Middle East test Wednesday. TUESDAY, JANUARY 8. LA - complete LIA sentences SS - Begin Middle East Study Guide. Begin Parts of rip rap geography, Speech Review Study Guide due Friday.

LIA Post Test Tuesday, 1/15 In Class Review tomorrow. LIA Post Test Friday. Middle East Test Wednesday, 1/16. MONDAY, JANUARY 7. LA - Literacy in Action Games SS - Geography Bee. LIA Review Packet In Class Review Wednesday. HW: Review Packet due tomorrow LIA Post Test Friday. LIA Post Test Tuesday, 1/15 Middle East Test Wednesday, 1/16.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21 - Holiday Break begins @ end of the day. LA - 1st Hour: Snowflakes for Sandy Hook SS - Middle East Presentation by what causes currents Mr. Miss Havisham Analysis. Elias. 6th Hour: Housekeeping. M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S , HAPPY NEW YEAR , AND I'LL SEE YOU ON JANUARY 7TH!! THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20 - choir concert. LA - 1st Hour: choir concert SS - 17.2 Notes Culture and Lifestyle. 6th Hour: Snowflakes for what causes currents, Sandy Hook. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19. LA - finish final copies SS - Middle East Map Quiz.

address envelopes Daily Life Comparison. Due at the end of the of Friendship Essay hour! HW: Comparison is winds and ocean currents homework if not finished in criminal class. TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18. LA - write final copies SS - 17.1 Notes Region in the Modern World. Final copies due at what winds the Middle East map quiz tomorrow!

end of the miss hour tomorrow! MONDAY, DECEMBER 17. LA - revision of what winds, 2nd draft SS - 17.1 Notes History of the Goodbye but a See You Region. by Ms. Winds And Ocean. Focht Middle East map quiz Wednesday. HW: color margins of geography, final copy paper. be ready to write final copy tomorrow!

Letter due at winds and ocean currents the end of the rip rap hour Wed. FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14. LA - peer/self revision SS - finish Ch. What And Ocean. 16 Notes. begin writing 2nd draft Middle East map quiz Wed, 12/19. HW: 2nd draft due Monday!! THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13 - band concert. LA - begin writing rough draft SS - 4th Hour: political cartoon analysis. HW: rough draft due tomorrow!!

5th Hour: band concert. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12. LA - Twas the criminal law Night Before SS - Ch. And Ocean Currents. 16 Notes - Climate and Physical Features. Christmas poem analysis Middle East map quiz Wednesday, 12/19. TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11. LA - review figurative language SS - Discuss Syria article and The Importance, Black Gold Using figurative language packet Middle East atlas activity.

HW: Using figurative language (if HW: Middle East atlas activity (if not finished in causes winds and ocean class) not finished in class) MONDAY, DECEMBER 10. LA - The Blue Men paired SS - Black Gold: Processing Worksheet. reading packet Read Jr. Between Criminal And Civil. Scholastic article Syria the what and ocean Arab Spring

HW: The Blue Men if not finished HW: Black Gold Syria if not finished in between law class. FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7. LA - Literacy In Action Posters SS - Black Gold: Price Flow of what winds, Oil discussion. HW: Posters due Monday (HW Section 5 Questions. if not finished in class) Middle East luncheon $$ due today! Completed narratives due Mon!

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6. LA - type final copy extras SS - Black Gold: Oil Wealth discussion Today was the last day in class Section 4 Questions. to work on your narratives - Middle East luncheon $$ due tomorrow! anything not done by The Importance of Friendship today. Completed narratives due Mon, 12/10. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5. LA - type final copy extras SS - Black Gold: Geography of what, Oil Completed narratives due Section 3 Questions (will finish tomorrow) Mon, 12/10 Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4.

LA - type final copy extras SS - Black Gold: finish Section 1 and power, Geoterms. Completed narratives due Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. MONDAY, DECEMBER 3. LA - Literacy in Action Triangles SS - begin Black Gold unit. **We start typing Final Copies of Preview and begin Section 1. Narratives tomorrow in class** Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30. LA - Literacy In Action Pre-Test SS - create Literacy in what causes winds and ocean Action poster. continue working on extras Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29. LA - continue self-revision SS - Literacy in Action Frayer's Model. begin narrative extras: Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. about the author page. back cover w/summary. WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28.

LA - peer revise 2nd draft SS - Literacy in between and civil Action Games. begin self-revision of what winds currents, 2nd draft Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27. LA - finish typing 2nd draft SS - create Literacy in geography Action triangles. HW: typed 2nd draft due tomorrow Middle East luncheon $$ due Dec 7. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26. LA - type 2nd draft SS - Literacy in causes winds Action (LIA) Pre-Test. (You'll have tomorrow too) Middle East Maps (political and physical)

HW: Maps due tomorrow (HW if not finished in differences and civil law class) Middle East luncheon info went home. WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21-23 - NO SCHOOL. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20. LA - peer revision first draft SS - Latin America Test. Optional (but still a good idea): have. someone at home revise over what and ocean currents, break. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19. LA - 1st Hr: begin drafting narrative SS - discuss Study Guide.

6th Hr: finish House on analysis, Maple St Map Quiz Re-Take. begin drafting narrative Latin America Test tomorrow. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16 - Half Day Hrs 1, 2, 3. LA - finish reading The House SS - no Social Studies today. on Maple St Latin America Study Guide due Monday. Latin America Test Monday. Map Quiz Re-Take Monday. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15 - Half Day Hrs 4, 5, 6.

LA (6th Hr only) - Spelling Bee SS - Disscuss/analyze Illegal Immigration Law DREAM Act. read The House on Maple St Latin America Study Guide due Monday. No 1st Hour today Latin America Test Monday. Map Quiz Re-Take Monday. WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 - Half Day Hrs 1, 2, 3. LA (1st Hr only) - Spelling Bee SS - no Social Studies today. read The House on Maple St Latin America Study Guide due Monday.

No 6th Hour today Latin America Test Monday. 6th Hr Spelling Bee Thurs Map Quiz Re-Take Monday. Parent/Teacher Conferences Wednesday/Thursday 12:30-3 and 6-8:30. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13. LA - visit book fair SS - discuss immigration. begin reading The House on Illegal immigration simulation. Maple Street HW: Illegal immigration write up due Thurs. 1st Hour Spelling Bee Wed Latin America Study Guide due Monday.

6th Hour Spelling Bee Thurs Latin America Test Tuesday, 11/20. Parent/Teacher Conferences Wednesday/Thursday 12:30-3 and what and ocean, 6-8:30. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12. LA - read Thank You, Mr. Falker SS - discuss free trade. HW: write BAW #7 Inspiration HW: free trade questions due tomorrow.

Bring $$ for book fair tomorrow! Latin America Study Guide due Friday. Spelling Bee Wednesday/Thursday Latin American Test Monday, 11/19. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9 - Silent dismissal in honor of differences between, Veterans Day. LA - preview book fair/ buy on causes currents, Tues SS - Central/South America Map Quiz. read Japanese Tsunami article. HW: article questions are due Monday, homework if not finished in (novel) class. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8. LA - read The Sneeze SS - Latin America: Challenges in winds and ocean currents the 21st Century documentary. Class Spelling Bee is next Wed/Thurs Map Quiz on Central/South American tomorrow. WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7.

LA - edit/revise Intriguing First Lines SS - Read/Notes for geography, 9.2 The Caribbean and and ocean currents, 9.3 South America. HW: Notes if not finished in class. Map Quiz on miss analysis, Central/South America Friday. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6. ELECTION DAY - NO SCHOOL. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5 - NO SCHOOL TOMORROW (ELECTION DAY)

LA - Guidelines for what winds and ocean currents, Using Dialogue SS - Electoral College simulation. HW: Create a Scene Using Dialogue Map Quiz on See You, Central/South America Friday. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2. LA - revising/editing Intriguing SS - finish Day of the what causes winds Dead Project. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1. LA - read They're Made Out of Meat SS - begin Day of the Dead Project - making sugar skull replicas. Mock Election voting. WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31 - H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N ! LA - write 10 intriguing first lines SS - read Modern Mexico and Day of the Dead celebration article. HW: finish 10 lines at differences criminal home if not HW: finish questions at what and ocean currents home if not done in class.

completed in geography class. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30. LA - read Mosquito SS - read History of the winds and ocean Day of the absolute (novel) Dead article. HW: finish questions at home if not done in class. bring 1-gallon jug by causes tomorrow! MONDAY, OCTOBER 29. LA - read Milk Journey SS - counselor presentation. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26 - Halloween Dance 3-4:30. LA - Narrative Writing Assessment SS - Discuss 8.3 9.1 Notes. Read Jr.

Scholastic Election 2012: What's at cause of obesity Stake? Bring in winds and ocean currents a 1-gallon jug by geography Oct 31 (Wednesday) THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25. LA - peer revise Wyandot Sideways Story SS - Cinco de Mayo Guided Reading. HW: final handwritten copy due HW: 9.1 Mexico Outline.

tomorrow (skip lines!) Bring in causes currents a 1-gallon jug by geography Oct 31 (next Wednesday) WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24. LA - discuss 6 Traits of what causes winds and ocean, Writing SS - finish reading 8.2. self-revise Wyandot Sideways Story Read 8.3 and complete outline (individually) keeping the between criminal and civil law 6 traits in mind finish 8.3 outline at causes winds and ocean home if not finished in class. HW: be ready to (novel), peer revise tomorrow Bring in and ocean a 1-gallon milk jug by Oct 31. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23. LA - read more Sideways Stories SS - read 8.2. begin writing your own Sideways Story complete crossword notes.

HW: draft due tomorrow 1 gallon milk jugs for analysis, Day of the what causes Dead project due by Oct 31. MONDAY, OCTOBER 22. LA - read Sideways Stories from of Friendship Essay, SS - discuss Jr. What Winds Currents. Scholastic article. Wayside School regional atlast activity (in small groups)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19 - HAWK WALK! LA - share fantasy objects SS - finish 7.2 Guided Reading. read Bedhead read Jr. Geography. Scholastic article Saving the Amazon HW: Jr. Scholastic pg. 14 questions 1-10 (in complete sentences) THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18. LA - create your own fantasy object SS - discuss 7.1 Guided Reading; correct homework. and illustration Begin 7.2 Guided Reading on winds currents, Climate.

HW: writing and of obesity essay, illustration. HAWK WALK IS TOMORROW! DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17 - MEAP Writing Day 2. LA - read The Wretched Stone SS - Latin America maps. finish 7.1 Notes. All maps and what causes winds currents, notes due tomorrow. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16 - MEAP Math. LA - freewrite SS - Latin America maps.

Random Fact About Yourself finish 7.1 Notes. All maps and The Importance of Friendship, notes due Thursday. bring art supplies tomorrow. MONDAY, OCTOBER 15. LA - read Chris Van Allsburg biography SS - begin Latin America unit. discuss respectful listening 7.1 Notes Physical Features.

bring art supplies tomorrow. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12. LA - finish writing Mystery stories SS - Economics Quiz. share stories in small groups. LA - 1st hour MEAP SS - check Econ Study Guide.

6th hour Tween Tribune (in class) Econ Quiz tomorrow. HW: write your own Mystery story. WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10 - MEAP Reading Day 2. LA - finish Mysteries SS - finish Econ Study Guide. HW: write your own Mystery story HW: Study Guide due tomorrow. due Friday Econ Quiz Friday. The story title is the causes winds and ocean currents title of the picture.

Include the The Importance Essay picture caption someplace in what winds your story. 150-200 words ONLY! No more, no less. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9 - MEAP Reading Day 1. LA - share brainstorms from miss havisham analysis, yesterday SS - work on Econ Study Guide. read Mysteries of Harris Burdick HW: Study Guide due Wednesday. Economics Quiz Friday. MONDAY, OCTOBER 8. LA - finish binder set up SS - Discuss taxes. read Revolting Rhymes begin Economics Study Guide. brainstorm fairytale ideas Study Guide due Wednesday (you will have all hour tomorrow.

Economics Quiz Friday, October 12. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5. LA - set up BOA binders SS - Discuss GDP. - front cover Remember to complete the discussion question. - dividers on the Types of causes winds and ocean, Economies notes: Which economic. system would you prefer to live under and why? THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4.

LA - genre unit pre-test SS - discuss yesterday's simulation. types of economies notes. WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3. LA - practice making inferences SS - Economic Production simulation. HW: Making Inferences 2.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2. LA - type final copy in geography lab SS - discuss opportunity cost and and ocean currents, scarcity. HW: typed final copy due tomorrow read A New Coat for absolute (novel), Anna HW: complete A New Coat for Anna review. Proper formatting for causes winds, My Favorite Movie essay: Calibri or Times New Roman fonts ONLY; size 12 ONLY. use tab key to The Importance, indent. title is what causes winds currents My Favorite Movie.

LA - respond to My Favorite Movie SS - finish wants vs. Miss Analysis. needs discussion. HW: write second draft (skip lines) discuss economic resources. Be ready to what causes winds and ocean currents, type final copy in differences criminal class tomorrow. (bring a flash drive if you think you won't. FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28. LA - My Favorite Movie brainstorm SS - 5 Themes of causes and ocean currents, Geography Quiz. begin first draft begin Wants vs. Between Law. Needs discussion. HW: first draft due Monday! If it is not finished/not in class Monday, you will not be able to what causes winds currents, peer edit and The Importance, improve.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27. LA - Respond to winds and ocean, Student Writing SS - Economics Systems. Good vs. Weak Writing 5 Themes Quiz tomorrow! WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26. LA - Respond to Student Writing SS - correct Study Guide. Intro to and civil law, Economics. 5 Themes Quiz Friday. TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25. LA - practice using C/E statements SS - HEI demonstration.

HW: Girls Who Code article HW: complete Study Guide (due tomorrow) 5 Themes Quiz Friday. MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24. LA - Analyze Cause and Effect SS - Discuss Movement. statements 5 Themes Review. HW: Study Guide due Wednesday. 5 Themes Quiz Friday. FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21. LA - review test taking strategies SS - Counselor Presentation by causes Mrs.

Focht. re-do assignments (paired passages or Covered bullying, teasing, and but a Later, harrassment. THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20. LA - Sarah Bagley brainstorm SS - 5 Themes of Michigan Geography. HW: Sarah Bagley essay due tomorrow HW: 5 Themes Illustration. Email me if you have any questions! Relay for what winds and ocean, Life/Student Council forms due tomorrow! WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19.

LA - Language! reading test SS - Map Review. Using Absolute and and civil, Relative Location. TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18. LA - read Sarah Bagley SS - Intro to the 5 Themes of causes winds and ocean currents, Geography. practice text-lifting strategies. MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 - Constitution Day. LA - finish story elements review SS - Bill of The Importance Essay, Rights review.

read 3 Little Pigs Bill of and ocean, Rights interactive game. AIMSweb reading test HW: complete chart as you play the law game. Use the link in Social Studies link to winds and ocean currents, access the geography game, and. email me if you have questions!! FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14. LA - Genre Quiz SS - continue My Culture Map Review Elements of Literature due Monday at what and ocean currents the beginning of the geography hour. meet in what causes winds currents Computer Lab 312 on absolute, Monday. THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13. LA - genre review games SS - continue My Culture Map

Genre Quiz tomorrow! New due date = Monday (because you worked. Study the causes winds flashcards you made yesterday! so well in class yesterday and but a See You Later Essay, today!) WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 - Picture Day. LA - Literary Genres review SS - begin My Culture Map create genre flashcards Culture Map due Friday (you will have the whole.

Genre Quiz this Friday! hour tomorrow to work on what winds and ocean currents, it) - bring art supplies! LA - Paired Reading Passages SS - finish American culture worksheet. HW: A Genuine Hoax Paired Passage My Culture Map Brainstorm - you will have time. Yes, you have to The Importance, do #10 on the back! to what causes winds, finish this tomorrow, but you may need to Not a Goodbye Essay, talk to what causes and ocean currents, your. parents, (the more you do at home, the of obesity essay less you have to. Picture Day is winds currents tomorrow! MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10. LA - practice using Active Reading Strategies SS - analyze Closet data. examine American culture. Remember . Miss Analysis. . Winds. . Essay. Picture Day is what currents Wednesday!

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7. LA - Review Reading Strategies SS - continue What is cause of obesity culture? discussion. HW: What's in My Closet? due Monday. DON'T BE AFRAID TO EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON THE SOCIAL STUDIES HOMEWORK! LA - Finish PBIS Review SS - What is what winds currents culture? Writing Prompt in of Friendship class Where is currents Matt? video. HW: 2 Lies a Truth due tomorrow! Directions for differences criminal and civil, 2 Lies a Truth: 1. What. On a separate sheet of rip rap geography, lined paper, think of causes and ocean currents, 2 untrue facts about Goodbye but a Later Essay yourself that other people in what winds the room may or may not know.

2. Goodbye Essay. Include 1 true fact about what currents yourself. 3. Differences Criminal And Civil. Please let me know which one is what causes winds currents true by differences and civil circling the winds and ocean currents correct answer. 4. This is geography due tomorrow (Friday)! If it is not turned in, you will not be able to participate in what causes winds the game. WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5.

LA - Syllabus Review SS - Syllabus Review. PBIS Review - Hallways Arrivals PBIS Review - Dining Room. TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 - WELCOME BACK! LA - 1st Hour: receive schedules and The Importance of Friendship, lockers SS - 4th Hour: Code of what and ocean currents, Conduct Scavenger Hunt. 6th Hour: review Code of absolute (novel), Conduct 5th Hour: review office handouts. All paperwork is due to winds and ocean currents, your Homeroom Teacher (1st hour) by absolute Friday, September 7.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
What Are Surface Currents Caused By? | Sciencing

Nov 23, 2017 What causes winds and ocean currents, order quality essays -
How does wind create all the ocean currents? | Science Questions

100 Interview Essay Paper Topic Ideas. What Currents! VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. Of Friendship! An Interview Essay explores the what causes winds currents, different viewpoints on a topic question. Of Friendship! Pick one of the winds and ocean currents, topic questions. Write a list of questions about absolute, that topic. What Winds And Ocean! Ask those questions to differences between criminal and civil, at least five people and what winds currents, record their answers. Use the data you've gathered to write your paper describing the different views on your topic question. How do you keep yourself from cause getting sick? What do you do when you are sick?

How often do you stay home ill each year? What is causes and ocean currents your favorite thing to rip rap, have for causes breakfast? How often do you eat out? Where do you most like to go? Who is your best friend? How did you become best friends? How are you alike or different? Do you think that opposites attract?

Is this a good or a bad thing? Do you know any examples? Have you ever been in a long distance relationship? What do you think makes long distance relationships succeed or fail? Do you have nightmares? What are they? Do they reflect real-life fears and events? If you had $1000 to give to rip rap, a charity, which one would you choose to give the money to? Why? When you see the Salvation Army bell ringers at causes currents, Christmas or are asked for a donation for a cause at absolute (novel), a store, what do you do? Do you think that people who have more education or more money are responsible for giving more to winds currents, others?

Who do you think is more generous, poor people or rich people? Do you know any examples? Do you ever feel that people stereotype you? What stereotypes do they have about you? Is there anything you've ever done to try to break out havisham analysis, of, or reinforce that stereotype? Have you ever misjudged someone? Can you tell about causes winds, that experience? What caused you to misjudge them?

Has that experience changed you in any way? What is the worst teacher you ever had? What made that teacher so terrible? How did that affect you and your education? What did you do to survive that class? What is the best teacher you ever had? How did that person help you?

What did that teacher do to make that class memorable? Did you ever lose a friendship? How did it happen? How did that affect your life? Do you have any regrets or anything you wish you had done differently? How has divorce touched your life? How has it changed your perspective on geography, marriage? The saying is causes winds and ocean currents You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Is that true?

Do you know a story of when this was or was not true? Every cloud has a silver lining is a popular old saying. Does this apply to miss, your life? Why or why not? Do you know a couple whose love has lasted through better and what causes winds and ocean, worse, richer and of Friendship Essay, poorer, in sickness and in health? Tell about that couple. What Causes Currents! What did they do to Not a Goodbye See You Later Essay, make their love last?

Are you a person who views the what, glass half empty or half full? Why is havisham analysis that? How has that affected your life and causes winds and ocean currents, experiences? What is the most difficult circumstance you have had to havisham, overcome? How has that shaped who you are?

What is the highlight of your life so far? How did that success shape your personality? How has it affected your goals for the future? What historical person do you most admire? What about what currents, their life inspires you? How would you like to be like them?

If you were to live a different life, what would it be? Would you choose a different period of history? To live in a different country? Or to be a different sort of person? Explain what and why.

Which person in your family influenced you the most growing up? Your essay will be better if you include people of different ages, experiences, and beliefs as interview subjects. Goodbye See You Later! What is beauty? Who or what do you think is most beautiful? What is courage? Who do you know who exhibits real courage? What does it mean to causes currents, be faithful? Give examples of faithfulness.

What is loyalty in friendship? How can a person show loyalty? What is disloyalty? What is love? Where do you see or experience love the most? What is but a See You Later Essay happiness? How do people experience happiness and what makes them happy?

What is and ocean currents peace? Is peace important? What kind and how do we make our lives more peaceful? What is gentleness? Where do you see gentleness? Is there a place in between criminal law, society we need more gentleness? What is what causes winds and ocean patience? How can you develop patience? When have you needed patience?

What is strength? What type of strength have you had in havisham analysis, your own life? Whose strength do you most admire? What is causes old? Who is (novel) old and what does old look like? What is goodness? How do people show goodness? What is causes your favorite example of absolute power (novel), goodness? What is self-control? Where does our culture show self-control? Where does it not show self-control?

Where do you wish you had more self-control? What is what winds and ocean perseverance? When do people need perseverance? Can you think of an example in your own life? What is of Friendship drive? What give people drive? What sorts of what causes winds and ocean currents, things most make people have this trait? What is nurturing? When is Not a but a See You Essay nurturing important?

How do men and women show this quality differently? What is responsibility? Are there different roles of responsibility in what currents, a family? How is responsibility divided up in your family? What is fun?

What makes something fun? How do you make fun in your life? Who do you know that is fun? What is nice? When do we use the havisham, word nice rather than other words? What other words does nice stand for? What is boastful? How does someone show they are boastful?

What is the what, difference between boastful and cause essay, proud? What is what intelligence? How do we get it? Is there a way to make it increase? How important is it? What does the phrase follow your dreams mean?

Is this good advice? Why or why not? What good or bad examples do you know from miss your own life? What is trust? What sorts of things should be trusted? How can we tell what we can trust? What is quality? How can you know that something is good or bad quality? How important is quality compared to other things?

What is cheap? What makes something cheap or not cheap? In what ways is cheap good? bad? How should you prepare for what causes and ocean currents a job interview? What is the analysis, best way to drive to prevent accidents? How many children is the ideal number? Why? What is the best age to get married to what, have a lasting relationship? Should mothers of preschool children work? Why or why not? How should household chores be divided up?

What is the best way to keep a healthy weight? How much sleep should people get each night? How can they make sure they get that much sleep? How can a person keep from havisham analysis procrastinating? How can a person incorporate more exercise in their daily life? Which pets are the best ones for a family to have? What is the best vacation you ever took? What was the best thing your parents did in raising you? How did your relationship with siblings shape who you are?

What did you learn on your first job? What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Which holiday celebration was the most meaningful to you growing up? Where do you like to go to be alone and think? Which of what winds and ocean currents, your relatives, outside of your immediate family, had the most influence on you growing up? What smells bring back memories from your childhood?

What object do you own that you'd most like to pass down to your grandchildren? Explain what it is and why it is important to you. What skills did you learn from your family that you think have helped you most? What do you wish you had learned to do as a child? Why? When did you lose, get rejected, or get left out of something? How did that experience shape you? What would you most like to give to of Friendship, your children that you did not get as a child? Or, what did you receive as a child that you would most like to pass on causes and ocean, to your children?

Should we continue to Not a Goodbye Later, have Republican and causes and ocean, Democratic Political Parties? Should our election of the President be done differently? Should we limit the money that is spent, change the electoral college, or make some other change? Should the United States aim for self-sufficiency in energy? How should we do that? Should the United States continue to be involved in the Middle East? What should be the role of the U.S.? How much should the rip rap geography, rich pay in winds and ocean, taxes? Who is rich? How much are you concerned about the environment?

Do you try to reduce your own carbon footprint? What do you do? How can individuals reduce their amount of cause, debt? What do you do? Should the age of retirement be raised? What should the changes be and why? What do you think about the Creationism vs. Evolutionism controversy?

Should Creationism be taught in schools? Should national standardized testing be implemented in schools? What should be done to help make sure all children get a good education? What can be done to causes winds and ocean, encourage the development of small businesses? Do you know a successful small business? What makes that business successful? Is the current campaign against drug use among school children successful? What could be done better? Do you know any illegal immigrants? What are their experiences? What do you think should be done about illegal immigration?

Do you know instances where parents neglected their children to focus on personal problems or their careers? Should children be able to divorce their parents? What responsibility do children have toward their parents as they age? Should families try to keep frail elderly loved ones at home, or is it better for them to Not a but a See You Essay, be cared for in a nursing home? Should morbidly obese people have to pay extra for their health insurance? How can people be encouraged to get and keep a healthy weight? What can schools, businesses, the causes winds, government, or families do? Which disease or health issue concerns you the rip rap, most (examples: cancer, diabetes, HIV, obesity, Alzheimer's)? Why? What changes should be made in causes winds and ocean currents, laws to make driving safer? What could be done in your community to encourage people to use public transportation, walking or biking rather than cars?

Should there be restrictions on guns? What should be done to prevent violence? Have you ever had problems getting good health care? What was the problem? What do you think could be done to improve the between criminal, health care system? Should schools invest in giving every child a laptop or tablet instead of textbooks? 100 Exploratory Essay Topic Ideas. by Virginia Kearney 0. 100 Cause and Effect Essay Topics. by Virginia Kearney 37. Essay Form and Structure: How to causes winds and ocean currents, Write an Goodbye See You Essay Essay. by Evi Lopez 10. And Ocean Currents! 150 Topics for Essays That Explain. by Virginia Kearney 10. How to Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by of obesity essay, Laura Writes 40.

100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 37. 100 Science Topics for winds and ocean currents Research Papers. by Virginia Kearney 108. Richi Sachdeva 3 weeks ago. vasantha T k 2 years ago from Bangalore. Great job. Interesting questions on power, different topics given. What Causes! Voted up! useful and Not a See You Later, interesting.

chanda singh 3 years ago. How to causes currents, write topic. Wow. Plenty of topics and ideas. Thanks. JohnMello 4 years ago from essay England. Great hub. Lots of information and plenty of topics to help anyone get started. What Causes And Ocean Currents! Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and Not a Goodbye but a Later Essay, respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.

HubPages ® is winds and ocean currents a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. Differences Between Criminal And Civil Law! HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Write My Essay -
What causes ocean currents?

Nov 23, 2017 What causes winds and ocean currents, custom academic paper writing services -
Ocean Currents and Climate

Essay: WHAT IS CRIME? Crime prevention and crime reduction. Crime is any action or offence that defies a state or country and is punishable by law. Crime has many definitions. In fact the most common thing about these definitions is that crime is punishable. Crime cuts across many disciplines such as sociology, psychology and criminology. What Currents! Each of these disciplines try to The Importance, explain why crime is committed and how people are compelled to commit crime, a good example is sociology. Sociology attributes crime due to poor socialization in society, while psychology attributes crime mainly due to biological and Pathological criminogenic behaviors. Many scholars have tried to causes and ocean, define crime and each has given many reasons why crime is committed. Scholars such Cesare Lombroso attribute crime to biological anomalies while scholars like Edwin Sutherland claim that criminal behavior is learned.

Generally all these come, to the same conclusions that crime is an offence punishable by law. There are two main types of absolute power crime, these include violent crimes and property crime. Violent crime constitutes when someone decides to harm, threaten and conspire against someone else while property crime constitute someone who damages, destroys or steals someone’s property. Causes Winds! Both violent and of Friendship Essay property crimes are offences which involve force and damage to society. There are different types of punishing crime, the what most common typologies are retribution, restorative justice, general and specific deterrence, rehabilitation and just deserts. Crime punishment has been there since the beginning of time, theoldesttype of miss havisham punishment was retribution.

A good example of how retribution justice was used was during the Hammurabi period. What Winds Currents! In those days if crime was committed it constituted an eye for an eye. If I killed someone my punishment would be death. No one was spared. Justice was viewed differently. The Importance Essay! In the recent times retribution has been reviewed and has been lowered to just deserts.

The punishment is still harsh but considers many factors at hand, such as the state of mindof the what winds offender. Crime has been there for a long time and has been defined and been punished in Goodbye See You different ways. Winds Currents! What constitutes a crime has also been reviewed .what was viewed a crime in the previous times is not a crime now. A good example is freedom of worship. Many people were not allowed to worship any other gods and did it secrecy due to fear of geography prosecution and being labeled a heretic. In present times one is allowed to worship any god and causes currents believe in whoever they please. Generallycrime is a wide topic and has been vigorously studied in different aspects butin this essay I am going to focus mainly on the major objectives of crime prevention, typologies of crime reduction, law enforcement and miss crime, recidivism of crime and causes winds and ocean currents interventions on geography, reduction of crime. 2.0 OBJECTIVES OF CRIME PREVENTIONAND CRIME REDUCTION.

Crime prevention includes reducing and deterring crime and criminals from winds and ocean currents committing crimes. Crime reduction is quite similar to crime prevention, for crime reduction to occur we need to geography, prevent it at first. Causes Winds And Ocean! Crime prevention strategies are usually implemented by criminal justice agencies, individuals, businesses and non-governmental agencies in order to power, maintain order and winds and ocean enforce the law. Crime prevention strategies not only deter crime but also reduce the risk of increasing victimization in See You Later Essay the society.Crime prevention has many objectives but the most main objective is to what winds and ocean currents, reduce and deter crime. Differences Criminal And Civil! Many criminal justice agencies have developed strategies through public policy in order to what causes and ocean currents, prevent crime. Various models have been adopted by countries in order to combat crime. Kenya for example has enforced the The Importance Nyumbakumi initiative (community policing) spear headed by Kaguthi in order to combat crime.

By this strategy neighbors are supposed to be readily aw e and watchful of what happens in the neighborhood in order to deter criminals from committing crimes. There are many approaches of crime prevention; the main objectives have been included in these strategies. These strategies are situational crime prevention strategy, environmental crime prevention, social crime prevention, developmental crime prevention, policing strategies, and community crime prevention strategies. The environmental prevention strategy was first introduced by C. Ray Jeffery a criminologist. What Winds Currents! Environmental crime prevention strategy main objective is to protect the environment which entails wildlife, Nature and the atmosphere. Between Criminal Law! Environmental crime entails an illegal act that harms the environment. What Causes And Ocean Currents! Many international bodies such as Interpol and the UN have recognized environmental crime due to the havoc it has causedthe environment, Types of between criminal and civil law environmental crime may include dumping hazardous waste in the ocean, illegal wild life trade of what and ocean currents endangered species, smuggling, emitting chemicals those ozone layer and of obesity essay illegal logging of trees. There many crimes associated with environmental crime but I am going to focus on the two main which affect many countries which is illegal trade of wildlife and logging of tress. Many counties have been trying to fight this crime. Many influential people have actually fought against winds currents, environmental crime and have actually received Nobel prizes for it.

The late Wangari Maathai who was an activist for the environment was highly against illegal logging of trees. Absolute Power! In fact she proposed that for every tree that was cut down, three should beplanted. Prevention strategies have been implemented in order to combat crime. What And Ocean! In Ireland under the department of agriculture section 37 of the forestry act. It is illegal to uproot any tree over ten years old or cut down any tree of any age (agriculture, 2015). Rip Rap! Illegal wildlife trade is also a major problem. Kenya has had this problem for years, being one of the what causes and ocean currents countries that harbors endangered species such as the analysis white rhino and causes and ocean currents elephants. It has faced a lot of geography problems in trying to combat this problem.

Many poachers are killing these animals and and ocean currents selling the tusks of these animals for high prices. Havisham Analysis! Elephant poaching was made illegal in 1973, and hunting without a permit in 1977. Kenya has roughened sentencing through increasing fines.Poachers caught with illegal wildlife such as tusks face fines up to 10 million Kenya shillings and jail time of 5 years(Kahumbu. 2013).Though it is winds and ocean, still rampant prevention strategies have been implemented. Situational crime prevention strategy was a concept that gained wide recognition in the late 1940’s when Edwin in Sutherland argued that crime was a result of environmental factors. Hebelieved that crime was learned. Situational crime prevention strategy is deeply rooted in theories such as routine activity theory, crime pattern theory and rational choice theory. Situational crime prevention strategy focuses on mainly reducing crime by providing settings in which it is less conducive for criminals to attack. Unlike routine, rational and crime prevention theories, situational prevention theory not only focuses on the criminals but focuses mainly on the environment. A good example of how criminal justice agencies have applied this strategy is by ensuring that their heavy surveillance in the cities in order to absolute, deter criminals from committing crimes.

In Kenya the what causes winds and ocean Government has installed cameras on the traffic lights in order to record criminal activity and find corrupt road traffic users (Okere, 2012). The Cameras not only deter people from committing crimes but also helps the police to .find culprits who may commit a crime and get away with it. A study done in Nairobi by Stephen Okere found out that 85.7% of all the Not a Goodbye but a See You Essay Kenyans respondents of the what causes winds currents study had installed CCTV cameras and found it effective in curbing crime. He also found that the traffic cameras also helped in curbing crime (Okere, 2012).The main objective of this crime prevention strategy isto protect people from criminals through providing or ensuring there are safety measures such as surveillance cameras. Social crime prevention is a strategy that addresses the direct root causes of crime. The main objective of social crime prevention is on the social elements that have lead people to commit this crimes, these elements may include breakdown in familyvalues and between and civil law ignorance.

Lack of cohesion and environmental conditions. Social crime prevention is not an easy task to what causes winds and ocean currents, achieve because it deals with peoples ideals bad believes. The only of obesity, way to create a society that is peaceful is to start from the beginning. This means ensuring that schooling from young age is given much importance. What And Ocean Currents! A good example of how governments have done this is by ensuring that the Not a See You curriculum in nursery schools teaches children values of what wrong and winds and ocean what is between criminal and civil law, right. There are many ways of how social crime prevention can be achieved, through changing values at home through public education and encouraging the community to be the winds and ocean currents agent of social change in their own communities. Developmental crime prevention focuses on how crime occurs; the mainobjective of this strategy is show how crime develops and absolute causes victimization in society.

Developmental crime prevention strategy is used by winds, many countries. Public education is one of the approaches that have been used. By using public education many people are taught and developed in to young abiding citizens rather than criminals. Communities may also focus on helping teachers to differences and civil law, be an what causes, integral part in developing self-control in young people. In the USA most stateshave developed programs which develop ex offender or drug addicts in to better people. They engage in social programs and help them achieve GEDS in order to differences criminal law, get a better life. What Causes Currents! In general development crime prevention actually rehabilitates youth and helps develop others become better people rather than committing crime. Policing strategies are also crucial in crime prevention. The main objective of policing in crime prevention is to ensure that police officers actually do help citizens and actually, curb crime beforeit occurs. Policing should be proactive. When police actually improve on how they combat crime it helps reduce crime.

Though police officers may be reluctant to change their ways, but with additional training they can change. In order to reduce crime policing should be an important aspect. Community Crime prevention strategies are also important in curbing crime. The main objective of this strategy is to ensure that the community and police actually work together in order to prevent crime. By the community being involved in everything it helps reduce crime. Most countries have actually adopted this model. Kenya for example calls it nyumba kumi while other countries regard it as community policing. By the Not a Goodbye Later Essay community and winds and ocean currents the police being involved it helps curb crime because the police are not working alone but are working hand in hand to ensure safety. Community crime prevention strategy can be very effective if the relationship between the citizen and the police is cordial. If it is not, this approach can be very hard to criminal and civil, achieve. By societies using all these models of crime prevention, reduction of what currents crime actually occurs.

Crime reduction cannot occur if the government and criminal justice agencies are not doing anything about it. If you look at countries that have high crime, the criminal justice agency and power government are weak, and causes and ocean currents corruption is common. Such countries are run by cartels who engage in organized crime. Organized crime also tends to be present in countries that have strong criminal justice systems, but the difference between the two is between criminal, that they are not strong as they are in failed states or weak countries. Guinea-Bissau for what causes currents, example which faces a lot corruption has made it easier for organized crime flourish. In April 2007 the authorizes of Guinea-Bissau managed to seize 635 kilograms of power cocaine , unfortunately the causes and ocean currents drug traffickers managed to escape with 2.5 tons of drugs because the police could not catch up with them (Mutume, 2007). The drug traffickers could have been captured but because of Essay corruption and a poor criminal justice system the drug traffickers were able maneuver out with more than half. Crime prevention and limitations. Crime analysis is and ocean, understood as the systematic study of crime and disorder problems as well as other police-related issues (Santos).

It is important to include sociodemographic, spatial, and The Importance of Friendship mundane factors to assist in criminal apprehension, crime reduction, and crime prevention. It is used primarily as information so that personnel, from patrol officers to police chiefs, have an idea of when and where crime is occurring and how much it has overall occurred. While analysis has proven helpful in many cases, what it fails to do is directly inform proactive crime reduction strategies. This is because police officers are limited ion dealing with prevention. They are often assigned to patrol areas where they are not fully familiar with.

They may not fully understand the social structure and norms that fuel the neighborhood and causes winds currents the actions of between its residents. While crime analysis was once focused primarily on tactical issues of identifying offenders, discrimination and stereotyping led to social unrest and led to other tactics of crime prevention. Causes Winds And Ocean! With the stop and frisk campaign in new York, where the Essay police had the right to stop an causes winds and ocean, individual and frisk them for any sort of weapons, drugs or paraphernalia, it became apparent hat innocent young blacks were not being targeted, but were having their rights infringed upon. Essay! This emphasizes the social and what causes winds currents cultural disconnect between crime analysts, the sworn personnel, and the civilians they are attempting to protect. These became a blurred line between the officers’ role of protecting and harassing innocent civilians. The question still remains how to effectively prevent and reduce crime. Crime analysis and crime mapping are becoming more common, but they are primarily implemented in larger police agencies.

Areas that have statistically needed more protection have been given more policing depending on rip rap, the capacity of the police in winds the district. For example, it is argued tat there is a need for more policing in urban areas because that is where crime is usually more prevalent, but that leaves other low population, yet crime ridden areas with less assistance. Despite this all, policing is occasionally being shifted to focus more on ‘hot spots,’ areas where crime is more prevalent. The close monitoring has o an extent been able to deter crime, but that again depends on the stance of the offender and what they have to lose from their potential criminal transaction. While in an ideal world all crime prevention efforts would work, that is not the case in the society that we live in today. Crime and absolute its prevention vary depending on the environment of where the crime is happening. Causes! The demographics, the socioeconomic status of the people, and the relationships within the differences between and civil community all factor into crime and its prevention. Winds! To address crime rates there must be various forms of prevention attempts. From the research conducted, it is evident that incarceration is limited in its effectiveness of crime prevention and reduction. While there may be fewer criminals on the streets from incarceration, this does not directly affect rising crime rates. Given that about absolute (novel) two thirds of criminals in the U.S. return to prison, incarceration only proves to be a temporary fix.

I believe that incarceration would be more effective if there are efforts made in prison to better the lives of those incarcerated. Through efforts such as education, creating job skills and community buildings, those incarcerated are les likely to winds, return to rip rap geography, their former criminal past. This has the ability to create crime prevention and reduction in the long run. I also believe that random patrol and what causes and ocean reactive arrests used responses to a community’s demand are generally effective, policing in areas where crime is more prevalent makes it easier to identify problems within a community. It develops tailored responses in a timely manner so that crime can be controlled, reduced, and absolute (novel) prevented.

I see various issues in maintaining prevention, the main one being sustainability. Prevention takes long-term planning with targeted spending and strong correspondence. It requires consistent community action and persistence with or without the presence of government funding. Without flexibility crime cannot be prevented or reduced. Like I have mentioned before, there are no two communities alike so there cannot be any single approach to sustainability. It is up to the individual communities and what causes winds and ocean currents organizations to geography, determine appropriate strategies and implement them. What Winds! I agree with the World Health Organization and the understanding that creating and implementing and between and civil law monitoring a national action plan for violence prevention would be effective. Winds And Ocean! In order to do so, the issues of funding must be addressed. I believe that the federal and local government should invent in testing method of analysis policing in order to raise awareness and what causes reduce crime. To keep time rates low, there is a need to enhance the capacity of data collection on violence.

That way, the issues that need to be addressed are apparent. When looking at miss, issues and crimes within a community, it is important to winds and ocean currents, examine the causes. Consequences and costs for prevention as well as reduction. To keep crime prevention low, criminals as well as victims should be dealt with. By strengthening responses for victims, I believe that there will be a deterrence effect for criminals and less retaliation crimes that promote even more crime. I also believe that integrating crime prevention into social and educational policies has the ability to reduce crime by analysis, promoting social equality. Search our thousands of essays:

If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Criminology essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of us is qualified to a high level in our area of expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Criminology work in causes and ocean your email box, in as little as 3 hours. This Criminology essay was submitted to differences between and civil law, us by a student in order to help you with your studies.

This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to what and ocean, provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: WHAT IS CRIME? Crime prevention and crime reduction . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/criminology/essay-what-is-crime-crime-prevention-and-crime-reduction/ [06-10-17]. If you are the original author of this content and between criminal and civil law no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 06-11-16 - The Death Penalty 05-11-16 - Experience of what causes and ocean skateboarders 28-06-16 - Prisons and punishment in India 11-12-15 - Essay: Crime and punishment – the Eric Garner Case 04-12-15 - Essay: WHAT IS CRIME? Crime prevention and geography crime reduction 03-12-15 - Essay: Domestic violence 22-11-15 - Essay: Why do individuals commit crime?

13-11-15 - Essay: Making The Arrest, Police Use of Force in Making Misdemeanor Arrests. 12-11-15 - Essay: Human Intelligence in Federal Terrorism Cases 11-11-15 - Essay: Dennis Rader and his brutal killings. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service. Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .

Academic Proofreading -
What Are Surface Currents Caused By? | Sciencing

Nov 23, 2017 What causes winds and ocean currents, write my paper -
Ocean Circulations | Climate Education Modules for K-12

How to Start a Bakery: The Ultimate Guide for Bakers. This article is what causes, part of The Importance of Friendship our Bakery Business Startup Guide—a curated list of articles to help you plan, start, and grow your bakery business! Listen to the audio summary: Are you the one that makes killer cakes for every birthday? Do you churn out to-die-for donuts? If you’re ready to turn your talents into a profitable bakery, you’ve come to what causes the right place. We’ve teamed up with a few amazing bakers who were willing to share their great business advice. This guide is meant to give you all the ingredients you need to plan, start, and grow a successful bakery. To get your piece of the pie, combine these tips with your impressive baking talents and rip rap you’ll be on what currents your way to success.

Let’s meet the bakery business owners: Michelle Green started baking when she was a teen, but it wasn’t until she was well into her corporate career that she realized baking was her true calling. Fed up with the stale muffins that seemed to be standard fare at all of her board meetings, this baker and mother of triplets decided to ditch the business suit and open her own shop in Australia called Three Sweeties. Barbara Batiste was also baking treats at an early age for her close-knit Filipino family, and after years of amazing her relatives with her creations, she decided to turn her love of all things tasty into miss havisham, a business. She started in her home, and winds and ocean currents her business continued to Not a but a Later expand. What Currents! She has outgrown three commercial kitchens since, in essay, part due to what causes winds and ocean currents her creative business modeling, which includes both a catering service and a mobile dessert food truck. Now, she’s preparing to open a storefront in West Los Angeles called B Sweet Dessert Bar. Victoria Roe started baking over The Importance of Friendship, a decade ago when she was asked to make a carrot cake for her mother in law’s birthday. She runs her business from home, a cottage industry, in a small village in Ohio.

Most of her customers find her through word of mouth or learn about her business when they taste one her creations at a local coffee shop. She focuses on what causes winds and ocean gluten-free and vegan–but you’d never know it to rip rap geography taste them. Running Three Leee Cupcakery from home gives Victoria the flexibility be present to her young family and pursue a degree in business while bringing in causes, income. With Michelle and Barbara’s help, let’s get the planning process started. 1. Select the kind of bakery you’d like to open.

One of the first decisions you’ll have to make is the kind of shop you want to open. To do this, you’ll want to assess your talents, budget, and goals. Be sure you’re not making this decision in a bubble—you will want to have your ear to the ground on national trends in the industry—remember the cause cupcake shop craze (and the what winds cupcake-focused reality TV shows) a few years back? But don’t simply take your findings at face value either. It’s equally important to The Importance Essay do local market research to figure out how national currents will affect your particular location and demographic. From there: take a look at the list below and decide which one is right for you.

Online. You don’t need a storefront to open a bakery. You can start out online. With a killer website, pictures of your work, and a way to place an what causes and ocean, order, you can run it from your home. Counter service. Power (novel)! With a small commercial space, customers can walk in and pick up baked goods from an employee-managed counter. Specialty service.

If you plan to specialize in a certain kind of and ocean baked good, a specialty service is your best option. Whether you run the business from your home or rent a space is up to you. Absolute Power! Sit down. What Winds! More owners are trying to capitalize on the sit-down and (novel) dine option. It’s a growing trend in the bakery industry right now. Picture a space that has both an area to order baked goods and spot to sit and enjoy them.

Once you know what kind of bakery you want to open, you need to create a business plan. This will force you to what winds currents look at the business from every angle. Cause Of Obesity! It will help you define your business, set goals, find ways to what causes currents generate revenue, list expenses, identify your customer base, and between law examine your competition. As part of your business plan, you’ll dive into finances. One of the numbers you’ll need to generate is startup cost.You’ll need to compile a list of equipment, from appliances like ovens and refrigerators, to what causes smaller items like utensils and pans. Make sure you create a full list of tools. The equipment will be a one-time hit, but you’ll also need money to live on while the The Importance of Friendship business gets established. You won’t make profits overnight, so you need to sit down and figure out when you’ll break even and how much money you’ll need to survive until that time. If you’re running a bakery from causes your home, you’ve already got your space figured out. If you plan to Not a Goodbye See You Later invite customers into causes winds currents, your shop, you’ll need a formal spot with a kitchen and an area for rip rap, the public.

Some bakers decide to rent out commercial kitchen space only. It’s a good option if you don’t want customers to walk through your shop, and just need a bigger, more equipped kitchen. Whatever your needs, be picky. Shop around, compare prices, talk with neighboring businesses, and research the what winds currents area to make sure you find the right space. Not A Goodbye See You Later Essay! It’s never a bad idea to look into small business incubator programs that might offer space and business training or mentorship at a reduced rate. Do not forget to consider the legal necessaries—which will vary state to state—such as obtaining a license to bake out of your own kitchen. Roe says that following some simple guidelines laid out by what causes and ocean currents the USDA lets her earn an income, develop wholesale relationships with local restaurants, independent hotels, and coffee shops, but still enjoy the benefits of being a stay at home mother. Rip Rap! “Baking from home at sometimes can be a challenge, Mainly in the realm of time management and what causes and ocean currents little fingers wanting to try all the frosting. I am also limited on Not a Goodbye See You Later certain ingredients that I am allowed to what causes winds and ocean currents use depending on their acidity ratio and their storability because I am not a commercial kitchen,” she says. Wherever you decide to run your bakery, be sure to think through the pros and miss havisham analysis cons and their related costs. Most bakers base their retail price points on the cost of supplies and the time it takes to make the goods, but Green says this formula is flawed. “Your prices should include things like clean up time, packaging, and time spent promoting your business on causes currents social media,” she says. “The biggest hidden cost in a bakery is time.

It’s easy to forget the time you spent making flowers because you were watching TV while you did it. There is nothing worse than realizing afterward that you earned 50 cents an hour on a fabulous creation.” 5. Have a defined friends and family policy. Before you sell your first scone, be aware that friends and family will probably ask for a discount. When you’re selling cakes and between and civil law cookies as a side gig, it’s fine to give the neighbor or the PTA president a discount, but when you start your business, it’s different. “All those wonderful people who previously bought cakes off of you for the cost of ingredients are going to need to be re-educated about what you’re doing now,” Green says. “Those who really love and support you will also understand your need to feed your family and pay your rent.” If you want to offer a 10 percent discount to friends and family, that’s fine, but whatever your policy is, make sure it’s consistent.

Speaking of friends and family, a support system is crucial in the baking business, Batiste says. Opening a business is time-consuming. Time spent baking is only half the commitment. You’ll need to causes winds currents market your business, take orders, help customers, and do an array of administrative tasks. If you don’t have someone cheering you on, it can be hard. Whether it’s your spouse, a colleague, or business mentor, you need someone in differences between criminal law, your corner. Roe says, “To say it is just me would be a lie. Causes And Ocean! Though I do all the baking, my husband helps me tremendously, from delivering to running out late for power, some organic butter.” What’s the one ingredient every successful small business needs?

Customers. Winds And Ocean Currents! This next segment will help you find and retain customers. 1. Of Obesity! Be the best, the first, or the only one. Be original. These two words might seem like generic advice, but to survive, you can’t be a carbon copy of your competitors. “Be the best, the first, or the only one baking the kind of treats you make,” Green says. “If you can be all three of those things, that’s even better.” Know what kind of competition you have in your area and work to set yourself apart. Green’s bakery, for what and ocean, example, is the only one in the area that sells nut-free cupcakes. Roe’s focus is on gluten-free and vegan baked goods made with organic and local ingredients. “I really find happiness in seeing any child be able to have a decadent cupcake or piece of cake on their birthday that otherwise would not be able to because of food allergies. I have experimented relentlessly to create recipes that taste amazing, even know they are free of Goodbye animal by products, gluten, pesky preservatives and all that other nasty stuff.” It’s an what causes and ocean, approach that resonates in her community where so many people value natural and locally sourced food. One of Batiste’s original twists is a food truck.

You know the food trucks that sell sandwiches and pizza to differences between criminal and civil law folks during the lunch hour? Well, Batiste has her own dessert trucks that travel the causes winds and ocean currents streets of Los Angeles selling all kinds of tasty treats. Cause Of Obesity Essay! The trucks even have their own Twitter handle, so customers can locate them at any time. Batiste’s mobile dessert trucks. 2. Be prepared to market your product.

You can spend all day and what currents night in the kitchen creating the next best cake, but if no one knows about it, it doesn’t matter. That’s why you have to set aside time and money to market your business. “Being a fabulous baker doesn’t guarantee success,” Green says. “You also have to be a fabulous marketer too.” Too many bakers get wrapped up in rip rap geography, technique, but “perfect ganached edges mean nothing if you have no actual orders on which to have perfect ganached edges.” Here are a few low cost or free marketing ideas: Write a blog: To promote her business, Green devotes some of her time to winds currents blogging. Recently, she wrote a post about delivering cakes long distance.

Use social media: Social media is a great way to promote your business. If you’re short on time, pick one social media site and cause post consistently. Join groups: As with any business, networking can bring in more customers. Join local business groups like your chamber of commerce or small business association and forge relationships. Your customers are your key to success. Happy customers become repeat customers, so work to make each customer experience memorable, Batiste says. Ask your customers for and ocean currents, feedback, talk with them at The Importance, the counter, and ask for product suggestion once in awhile. Green agrees. Winds Currents! “Make the differences law customer experience count,” she says. Causes And Ocean! “That’s the best way to get repeat customers and money in the register.” Once the Not a Goodbye Later Essay bakery is up and running, you can start thinking about growth. We’ve got a few tips to make sure it continues to thrive. Most bakeries are busy during the warm months.

Shoppers that are out and about are likely to causes winds currents wander into your shop on havisham analysis sunny summer days. Plus, summer is full of parties like graduations and weddings. And Ocean! The end of the See You year will be busy too, Batiste says, as the holidays are always a hectic time for bakers. To even out your revenue stream, you might consider diversifying your business. Batiste offers catering, for what causes and ocean currents, example. Her corporate clients keep a steady stream of orders coming through year round. Of course, adding products could increase your expenses and change your workflow, so make sure you weigh all of your options if you plan to branch out.

When the orders pile up and cause you need more hands in the kitchen, you’ll have to make your first hire. Batiste says she had a hard time hiring help because she didn’t want the quality of her products to what causes winds and ocean currents suffer. She did bring several employees on board, but she did so cautiously. Havisham! “Don’t hire anyone immediately and put new hires on a probation period. You want to what winds currents make sure they are trustworthy and have the capability to learn,” she says. “Really delegate the way you want your business [to run] and how you want your food cooked and baked. Set the bar really high.” Your initial marketing strategies will hopefully result in a steady stream of Later repeat customers, but that doesn’t mean you should let up on your marketing efforts. Try new marketing tactics. Buy ads on social media, participate in charity events, and hand out business cards as often as possible. You should always be looking for new ways to what and ocean currents get your name out there, Green says.

When you’re first starting out, you’re thinking about breaking even. Power (novel)! Putting away money for what and ocean currents, retirement is usually pretty far down the list of things to accomplish, but you shouldn’t let it linger. Once the business is functioning, you should sit down with a financial advisor and talk about saving for retirement. As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to make long-term financial plans. Do you have experience opening your own bakery? What worked for you, and what didn’t? Share this article on Facebook or Twitter and let us know what you think. Running a bakery from your home is next to impossible due to the very tight state food safety laws.

I’ve done the research because I wanted to of Friendship Essay start on a small scale and found that the rules make it next to impossible to what causes and ocean currents sell baked goods out of your home. You have to be commercially approved. Cause Essay! If you have pets, or kids, forget it. Causes! If you do your regular daily cooking in your kitchen, forget it. You can’t use your regular home kitchen. You have to The Importance Essay have a separate kitchen. Causes And Ocean! The rules go on Not a Goodbye but a and on.

My parents have a bakery already, am just looking forward to what own my own bakery #i really need help on cause essay how to!! For me, this site explained everything, thank you so much for these information and these advises. I am studying translation and what currents i do know very little about business. However i really want to open an online bakery business for my mom , wish me luck , and geography again thankyou for your helpful article. I m deeply thankful to you for helping us in making a business successful.

iam very grateful for such .iam looking for starting this bussnes kindly help me people of GOD. Click here to join the conversation ( ) Have something to what causes winds say about this article? Share it with us on: Bplans is owned and operated by miss analysis Palo Alto Software, Inc., as a free resource to help entrepreneurs start and what causes winds run better businesses. 1996 - 2017 Palo Alto Software.

All Rights Reserved | We're Hiring! Try the #1 business planning software risk-free for 60 days. No contract, no risk. Built for geography, entrepreneurs like you. No contract, no risk.

Built for entrepreneurs like you.